Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Looking Into the Future

So we had the world's most wonderful bike ride on the weekend. The weather was perfect--literally not a cloud in the sky. We rode along an abandoned rail line, next to wildflowers and fields. The blossoms were out on the trees.

At the end I said to Spilly, "I hope you remember this day even when you're grown up. I hope you'll remember how great it was to go bike riding with your Mommy and Daddy in the country with the sun shining in the spring time."

"I don't need to remember it."

"Oh." I was slightly surprised. "Really?"

"Do you know WHY I don't need to remember it, Mommy?"

"Why?"

"Because I will STILL be bike riding with you. And I will be living next door to you, and we will get together every day to do crafts. And you know what we'll say when we go bike riding or do crafts?"

"What?"

"LET'S GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD."

"Sounds good to me," I said.

No comments: