Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Snow Day!

Yep, we had another one. And the storm's not over yet. I can hear snow whipping against the windows. When I looked out earlier, I could barely see across the street.

A snow day with Spilly is never dull. Here are some of the things we did:

1. started our first-ever chapter book together and very grudgingly stopped for meals (the concept of a cliffhanger is a new one for Spilly)

2. made the world's best smoothie with banana, milk, a dollop of peanut butter, Splenda, some low-fat hot chocolate powder and a little vanilla (and boy, could that blender make some surprising noise)

3. did a vaudeville number entitled, "I'm just wild about Harry and Harry's just wild about me."

4. pretended we were Pirate Pete and his parrot, and ran around stealing jewels from giants

5. went tobogganing (okay, that was Daddy and Spilly; Mommy stayed inside and read her biography of Charles Schultz)

6. turned out all the lights so that Spilly could have a "nap" (okay, that was mostly Spills, who got very inventive about how to get up to all the light switches, while Mommy said, "Be careful!")

7. had an extended conversation about how the house was too slippery

8. held a number of concerts with the signature number, "I don't know how to make my parents love me."

9. watched The Sword in the Stone and talked a lot about medieval England, kings, what is right and what is wrong

10. tuned in repeatedly to the Weather Network, while Spilly sighed and groaned and rolled her eyes and whispered loudly, "Why can't I talk right now?"

No comments: