Friday, March 21, 2008

Packing Again

Well, we're off to the grandparents for a couple of days, for Easter weekend. Seems like we just unpacked and washed everything!!

Spilly is insisting on taking some hand-me-down nightgowns (or goonies, as Grandma calls them) with her to show her grandparents that she is now big enough to wear them. They used to belong to her cousins. They've been hanging in the closet forever, and I've always thought of them as being about twice as long as Spills. Now she fits them perfectly. Sigh. She's delighted.

I said to her, "We've let you grow this much, but it has to stop now, because you have to stay as my little baby."

"Mommy, I am not a baby! I'm a little girl!"

"I know, but that's as far as it goes."

"Mommy, when I eat supper, I grow."

"No more supper for you then," I said.

Her mouth dropped open. "But if I don't eat supper, my eyes will dry out, and I might get some kind of an infection like pink-eye."

No comments: